Thursday, January 6, 2011

Reminding Folks of their Oath to the Constitution: "Fetish"


I guess I just have a “Fetish” for the Constitution; not some sort of duty, oath, or willingness to give up my life for it.
This morning I am equally parts outraged and dumbfounded about how completely ignorant and out of touch our ruling class liberal elites in both the political realm and the new media.  The new buzzword today is “fetish”.  As in, “the Constitution fetish on the right”.  Now according to Webster’s these are the definitions for “fetish”:
b : an object of irrational reverence or obsessive devotion : prepossession c : an object or bodily part whose real or fantasied presence is psychologically necessary for sexual gratification and that is an object of fixation to the extent that it may interfere with complete sexual expression
2
: a rite or cult of fetish worshipers
I am not certain to which definition these fools are referring to, but I for one cannot find a solitary, rational reason for the use of this word to describe what the House did yesterday in reading the Constitution of the United States before opening the 112th session of that body.
I for one am completely outraged that a formal, ceremonial recitation of the one foundational, legal document that gives authority to this very body can be characterized (connotatively, of course, as they meant it…. See “Teabaggers” if you do not follow) as a sexually-perverse practice.
You see, twice now (and soon to be a third and final time) I have sworn an oath before the God of all creation, my peers, my subordinates, and my commanders, to defend this very document they so flippantly denigrate with my very life.
These are the words of my oath and the oaths of millions of other fellow enlisted servicemen over the years, many of whom did pay the ultimate price for said defense:
I, _____, do solemnly swear (or affirm) that I will support and defend the Constitution of the United States against all enemies, foreign and domestic; that I will bear true faith and allegiance to the same; and that I will obey the orders of the President of the United States and the orders of the officers appointed over me, according to regulations and the Uniform Code of Military Justice. So help me God.
Every person who has been elected to this Congress recites a similar oath.  Our own presidents recite a similar oath.  Please note that this oath is pledged to defend this document.  Not a political ideology, not one’s personal opinions or values, not one’s heritage or ethnic background, not even one’s lawful supervisors, bosses, and commanders.
No we do not mindlessly give up our rational thinking, nor do we even believe the document is infallible.  Far from it!  The writers of this Constitution wrote it with the key understanding that human beings are corrupt, fallible creatures, and the only way to check this kind of behavior was therefore, written in.  It’s a testimony to the writers’ acknowledgement of the depravity of mankind that this Republic has lasted so long.  That is why we have ways to redress perceived wrongs within the document.  This Republic was torn apart by the evils of slavery.  The document was followed and amended to change this matter.  Because of the nature of this document, the will of the people must be followed … which is precisely why this is a threat to the left.
It’s quite telling how disdainfully these elitist, Brahmin snobs view this one document.  And, as Rush pointed out yesterday, it’s telling how threatened they are by this Congress.  This Congress is the crucifix to the Dracula that has been ruling the people the past two years.

No comments:

Post a Comment